LaurenF

LaurenF

Miranda Davis
The Angel Experiment  - James Patterson The Angel Experiment was advertised as "the ultimate action-packed adventure full of humour and suspense" I unfortunately was very under whelmed. The plot was very basic- most of the book was just the children running away, getting caught and running away again. And to be honest their was no definitive ending, conclusion or revelation in the book. In fact nothing was explained. I realise that this is the first in a series of books but I felt cheated I read the whole book waiting for something to actually happen and nothing really did.(except for the constant fly away/they have found us deal) Another problem with this book and I know I’m not the first to mention it, is the characters do not speak like children/teenagers. I was willing to forgive this as 1) They were raised in a lab so can be forgiven for not being your average adolescents and 2) Because to be truly authentic Patterson would probably have had to write all of the dialog in "text" speak and who in there right mind would want to read that!? But come on, what 14 year old, no matter the circumstances refers to people as bozos' and yoyos!! In fact I don't think that anyone under 70 has used those phrases in more then 50 years. All in all this book wasn't terrible just a bit of a non starter, but at least the fact that it was a quick, easy read stopped me from becoming too bored and putting it down before I reached the end.