LaurenF

LaurenF

Miranda Davis
Bloodlines - Richelle Mead Why Richelle Mead? Why?First I would like to say that I am a huge fan of Richelle Meads works, the Vampire Academy, Dark Swan and Succubus Series but this book was beyond disappointing. Honestly the 3rd star is a loyalty star and nothing else! What I love about Ms. Mead's books are her bad ass heroines, her original and intriguing plots and the sizzling sexual chemistry that she creates between her romantic leads. Off the top of my head the most bad assed thing I can remember Sydney doing in this book is drinking coffee in the library. And honestly if you haven't guested 90% of the plot and its "twists" by page 50 then, you should just console yourself that someone with your intellect can at least read the "big words." And as for the romance and chemistry - NON EXISTENT, sure Adrian is a great character and always fun to read but not even he can save this one.Basically this whole book felt like the author had a couple of spare characters leftover from the vampire academy series and decided that even though there was no really plausible plot that would require them to be thrown together she would do it anyway. The whole book, while it does have a few good moments, feels forced and lacks the pace, intensity and emotion of Mead's other works.