LaurenF

LaurenF

Miranda Davis
Shut Out - Kody Keplinger 2.5 STARSI started reading this book with absolutely no idea what it was about, having not bother to read the back cover. The basic premise of the book being that the girlsfriend of two rival sports teams go on a "sex strike" to end the feud.I read the book in one sitting and found it basically enjoyable. The problem is that it all starts to feel a little like a after school special about double standards, gender equality and sex. Which I am sure might mean something to me if I were a very naive 13 year old, but unfortunately I am not. So the whole book just starts getting a little preachy for my taste. The author should consider the fact that readers no matter how young are able to draw there own conclusions about morals and ethic etc. from the books events with out bludgeoning them over the head with them like the literary version of Jerry Springer's "thought for the day" every few pages. By doing this the author stops the book from being a thought provoking read that allows you to explore your own thoughts and beliefs on the subject and instead constantly imposes the authors point of view onto the reader.