LaurenF

LaurenF

Miranda Davis
13 to Life - Shannon Delany I liked this book and I really wanted to give it more stars. The writing was good, the characters are interesting and well developed but this book has (like many before it) fallen in to the "series trap."Now some people may not mind this but it is my new pet peeve. The book starts out really well, I am engaged and and interest- In my mind I am building up to giving the book 5 Stars, but then the book continues, characters are developed, worlds and built and lore is described. But nothing really happens! And then to add insult to injury just when the action starts and you you see a glimmer of hope return, the book ends!Don't get me wrong I LOVE a good series and I do understand that an opening for the next book need to be left but really if I wanted to read half a book I would just stop half way!Please understand when I say this I am not only pointing fingers at this particular author, there are many, many of them around. And to be honest it's starting to feel like their books are more of a money making ploy then an attempt to write a good story- you know the kind, with a beginning, middle and end...