LaurenF

LaurenF

Miranda Davis
Forgive My Fins - Tera Lynn Childs This book is corny! In fact- a wave of sadness overcomes me when I realize the depths that this author has sunk to. Drowning her audience in a sea of underwater puns. See I can do it too!! But seriously this book feels like it was written as an 11 year olds creative writing essay that just got out of hand. If the character is mean they are a sea slug if they are nice they are an angel fish. (Constantly!) It just gets ridiculous. But worst of all the characters are LAME!! Lily clearly has a persecution complex that is entirely unfounded in reality. She is convinced that Quince (yes like the fruit) is out to ruin her life; this is motivation for half the plot of the book and most of the whining. Of which the latter is in great supply and the former is basically non existent. Unfortunately the only evidence of Quinces "Sea slugish" ways is a very brief moment where he points out that she has lip gloss on her cheek. Oh how I wish my enemies where so cruel! If you are twelve have a poor vocabulary and are very, very bored jump on in, the waters just to your liking, if not then swim for cover!!