LaurenF

LaurenF

Miranda Davis
Poison Princess - Kresley Cole MY FIRST THOUGHT-I’m not saying that I won’t go into this book with an open mind but I have 2 huge reasons why I think Kresley Cole should not write YA and stick to Paranormal Romance.Those 2 things are her talent for writing about hot men and hot sex both of which would be squandered in the YA genre. Kresley Cole is not wishy washy enough for this genre or at least I never thought so!WHAT I THOUGHT AFTER READING THE BOOK -There is a reason why Kresley Cole is one of my favourite authors and apparently it is not (just) because of the hot men and sex. And this book just proves it. The story line is quite complex, this book is both post-apocalyptic and paranormal. Unlike most recent YA books set in post-apocalyptic worlds this book shows us the lives of the characters before the “end” as well as their survival. And this makes the emotions and the struggles of the characters feel that much more tangible, you have a real sense of what the characters have lost.The paranormal element of this book is also very original. And I am looking forward to seeing where the story takes us. The pace is nonstop and Kresly Cole’s unique writing style, with witty characters, sharp tongued heroines, sexy heroes and a strong dose of sexual tension has not been lost. Yet at the same time she has managed to infuse this book with a very creepy under tone. There is definitely nothing wishy washy about this book!