LaurenF

LaurenF

Miranda Davis
Touch - Jus Accardo On the way home from a party a clearly disturbed and beaten up hottie steals your shoes? What do you do? Take him home and rescue him from the guys in leotards that are chasing him. OBVIOUSLY!The premise of the book is that Kale has been raise by a secret facility that uses his "special" power to kill people. One day he escapes and comes across Deznee the daughter of the man who runs the facility. She agrees to help him. "Adventure" ensues...This book just rubbed me up the wrong way. Deznee is supposed to be this confident girl with attitude, unfortunately to me this confidence come across as arrogance and unfortunately arrogance is very unlikeable. And Kale is painfully naive. I understand that he was raise in isolation but naivety and inexperience are not attractive qualities in a love interest. At least not to me.My other problem is that Deznee is incredibly quick to believe Kale's story. With no proof and very little explanation she turns her back one her father and runs off with a guy that she has never met and may be crazy or worse. And then her friends do basically the same thing and aid her decisions with out question.The whole plot of this book is very predictable, and it just kind of loops on its self in a repetitive way. I really wanted to like it but unfortunately the whole thing just fell flat.