LaurenF

LaurenF

Miranda Davis
Providence - Jamie McGuire OK so I have to admit right up front that the whole reason I decided to read this book was because I loved Beautiful Disaster. It is like literary crack, and I was hoping that this book was going to be my next fix! I was SO disappointed. Oh well you know what they say, Crack is Wack...So many things were wrong with this book. It is hard to reconcile the fact that the same author wrote something so addictive, when the whole time I was reading this book all I wanted to do was put it down! Another thing that astounded me, is that after I read Beautiful Disaster I saw quite a few authors had blatantly copied Jamie McGuire's "formula" and I had felt quite offended on her behalf. But know that I have read this book I am over it. It was obviously just Karma paying her back for this blatant rip-off of Twilight and Hush Hush!Let me do a quick summary of all the things that din't work. The paranormal element was poorly explained and lacked proper continuity. The main characters fall in love WAY too fast. Jared is a SERIOUS stalker (liked with wire taps and cameras in your bedroom!) and Nina doesn't mind!!?? Oh and there is the obligatory attempt at a love triangle as well as the "I have to leave you because love you" move. YAWN!