LaurenF

LaurenF

Miranda Davis
Charming the Highlander (Highlander Trilogy) - Janet Chapman This book is seriously convoluted! It starts off (and I was under the impression it was) as a time travel story. But after the initial leap through time that plot point is not entirely but in a large part brushed aside. There are no anecdotes of confusion and learning "the new culture" as we see in most stories of this kind. We just skip to 5 years later. I just don't get the point?!The rest of the plot is just as arbitrary and confusing. Grace the heroine has a job that makes no sense and an "evil boss" that makes even less sense. And to top this off she spends the entire book making the worlds most illogical decisions, constantly omitting the truth and breaking a promise she made to her sister on her death bed. Although I won't go so far as to say she is unlikable, she is certainly not endearing!And to top it off the rest of the plot is really SLOW and the main characters just don't seem to spend enough time with one another to hold my interest or for their relationship seem credible. I was also expecting a Hot Highlander. But not only was Grey the hero a little bland but he didn't even have a Scottish accent! WTFAll in all this book left me wondering how the hell the author came up with the concept.I am no stranger to the idea of Time Travel Romance but the way this book was put together just did not gel!