LaurenF

LaurenF

Miranda Davis
Forever My Girl - Heidi  McLaughlin I LOVE a good Second Chance Romance. Judith McNaught's [b:Remember When|35365|Remember When|Judith McNaught|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1347404629s/35365.jpg|1209066] will always be one of my all time favorites for exactly this reason. But I am very sorry to say this book just sucked!Oh it wasn't badly written or anything like that but the main character Liam was imo a douche. Yeah I said it! He ditched the love of his life with no warning and never bothered to looked back or even speak to her about it. And now we are supposed to feel sorry for him because he regrets it ten years later? Don't get me wrong I love a cocky bad boy (emphasis on the cocky lol) but arrogance and selfishness are a whole other story and I just couldn't like this guy. But then again I never really warmed to the heroine either or the rest of the characters. I suppose the kids were kind of cute. And the dead guy Mason seemed like he was a stand up sort of person. But he died in the first page so that was a bit of a wash. Yes the story line was OK I can't really fault that but it is really hard to care what happens to people who you just don't like very much. All in all a thorough disappointment.