LaurenF

LaurenF

Miranda Davis
Paradise - Judith McNaught This is a re-read for me. And when I say re-read I mean- I read it as a young teenager and was obsessed with it. So that implies many, Many readings! This is the book that started my life long love for contemporary romance. But I must admit I was a little hesitant to re-read it today. Because 15 years later, lets be honest it could come across as more historical then contemporary! And I really didn't want to ruin my first love!And at first I have to admit I was a bit distracted by the lack of cell phones and the descriptions of late 80's clothing but I very quickly got past it. Because this book is at the end of the day still AWESOME.Judith McNaught is the master of second chance romances and this book is no exception. And I LOVE Matt and Meredith although sometimes I do want to shake them or slap them around a little. But only to get their love life's back on track! What I also love about this author is that the secondary characters, no matter how small their role, are always well developed and whether you love them or hate them you always have strong feelings about them.But what I love most about this book is that even after all these year I still got that WHAM! Punched in the stomach, pulling on the heart strings feeling when Matt and Merr finally found love. Good books stand the test of time.This book is just as addictive as I remembered it. The only thing that seems different is that I remember the sex being more explicit. But I guess it is me (or the times) that have changed and not the book. Lol!