LaurenF

LaurenF

Miranda Davis
Ten Tiny Breaths - K.A. Tucker This just confirms it I am a masochist!Reading this book is like watching a car wreck in slow motion. Your body is tensed, you’re holding your breath and you know you are seconds away from impact but you can’t look away or even blink no matter how badly you want to. This book is about Kacey, a young women who has lost almost everything, including herself. She and her younger sister move to Miami to try and start a new life but despite the tough exterior Kacey has built around herself she can’t keep out the pain from her past.First let me tell you that I thought I had figured out, pretty early on exactly what the terrible “punch line” (or gut punch) to this book was going to be. And in a way I had but those punches just kept on coming! I read the whole last third of this book with a lump in my throat and tears in my eyes. But as I said before I didn't care I just couldn't look away! It was all so intense and twisted and heartbreaking... This book had me absolutely riveted!But please don’t be put off by the potentially depressing subject matter. I know I seems strange to say, because this book is in essence about death and loss and I have admitted to crying like a little girl but it is a genuinely enjoyably read and when I was finished I was left feeling drained but somehow happy. I think this is because I loved literally every single character in this book and they made even the smallest moments special. But most of all I loved the that K.A Tucker made the world come crashing down but she also took the time to build it up again. And that was just beautiful!All I can say is read this book ASAP but take my advice. Take a couple (or ten) calming breath before you do. Because you are in for a very intense ride!