LaurenF

LaurenF

Miranda Davis
Taking Chances (Taking Chances, #1) - Molly McAdams Harper is a painfully naive girl who has been raised by her father (a Marine) who shows her no affection, barely speaks to her and does not allow he to have a normal childhood. When she moves away to college she sees it as a chance to break free from her upbringing.I chose to read this book because other reviewers compared it to Beautiful Disaster and Thoughtless. One book I loved the other I hated, so I thought I would see which side of the fence my opinion landed on. And after having read the books I can see where the comparisons came from. To put it nicely Taking Chances and Beautiful Disaster have more than a few “similarities” in both plot and characters. And Thoughtless gets the nod because of the common theme of cheating. (I don’t count this as a spoiler because all you have to do is look at the cover to figure that one out.)Why You Might Love This Book-There is nonstop drama and more than one tattooed over protective bad boy ready to fight over the heroine at the drop of a hat. Some seriously sexy parts and other parts that more than likely will make you cry. Why You Might Hate This Book-There is nonstop drama and more than one tattooed over protective bad boy ready to fight over the heroine at the drop of a hat. Everyone seems to think that Harper can do no wrong. (I am sure she even farts rainbows.) While in reality she is a liar and a cheat and she seems to think that men are interchangeable as long as you tell them you love them. What I Thought-Oh I almost bought it, I had swallowed the hook and the line but unfortunately the sinker just made me gag! Sure the whole way through the book I thought Harper was an emotional retard that needed a good smack round the head but I was overlooking it because the rest of the book was great. You know, one of those book that are so intense and frustrating that you want to throw your e-reader across the room but you have to stop yourself because if you do you will never know how the story ends?! Unfortunately about two thirds of the way into the book all of the good stuff goes away and the rest of the book turns into an Ode to Harpers Awesomeness. Bluhh!!