LaurenF

LaurenF

Miranda Davis
Finding Claire Fletcher - Lisa  Regan This book starts out like one of those haunting TV show I used to watch as a kid. A down on his luck detective meets a mysterious young woman in a bar. They have an instant connection but when he wakes up the next morning she is gone and all she left is an address. But when he goes to the address he finds out the women he met the night before was kidnapped 10 years ago and is presumed dead. This leads us to the story of Claire’s kidnapping and the horrors she has endured as well as Connor’s search to find her.OK so I tried 3 different ways to politely write this but it is not working so I am just going to be brutally honest!I don’t like crime drama’s! Law and Order, Without a Trance and all those random CSI show just don’t interest me. So while I think this book is very well written and an easy (if not comfortable) read, the criminal investigation portion of this book, written from Connor’s POV was not something I found particularly interesting. Sure it had its purpose and kept the plot running along nicely but I hate police procedure! Although, I did enjoy the fact that his character was far more fleshed out than your run of the mill detective.But the good news is that this book is not only a crime drama it is also a psychological thriller. And that portion of the book, told from Claire POV I found riveting! The story of her abuse both metal and physical at her kidnapper’s hands was brutal and disturbing and every aspect of that plot, even the tiniest nuances of their day to day life was morbidly fascinating to me. Loved it!This book was well written and well paced and although this is not necessarily the first book I would choose to read I was very pleasantly surprised at how much I liked it!