LaurenF

LaurenF

Miranda Davis
Raid - Kristen Ashley Huh???Why is it that we have suddenly gotten a watered down version of Kristen Ashley? What's happened here?!I didn't hate this book but I also wasn't blown away and honestly when I read KA I expect to be wowed. Up until now she has never disappointed. I know KA isn't perfect, she has had some editing issues and some might even say her writing is formulaic but it is a winning formula. Her writing is filled with tension, hot sex, excitement, and best of all anticipation. And WOW she has written some memorable characters in her time!Having said all that this book just fell a bit flat. The bare bones of her winning formula was there but her "snap, crackle and pop" was just missing. This book also seemed much shorter then any of her others. Usually I get half way and wonder what more could possibly happen! But I read Raid in about 3 hours and I never really felt like I knew the characters, the story felt rushed and the plot didn't quite gel. But worst of all, in my opinion was the fact that the Grandmother was my favorite character! I have been kept up at night trying to decide which one of Kristen Ashley's Sexy Alpha Males is the hottest of the hottest bad assess and the best she could do in this book was a sweet little old lady who drinks iced tea on her porch!!! Not good enough!! Maybe if this book had been written by another author I would have given it a higher rating but Kristen Ashley can and has done better. But I'm still a huge fan!!!