LaurenF

LaurenF

Miranda Davis
Hearts in Darkness - Laura Kaye I’m not usually a fan of novellas but sometime a quickie just hits the spot! ;)I have to admit that it was a case of cover lust that convinced me to read this book. I've been disappointed so many times before but I am happy to report that this story more then lives up to its cover. I thought it was the perfect combination of romance and steaming hot sex!As I said, I've never really enjoyed novellas. Mostly because you usually don’t have enough time to get to know the characters and I find I have to really care about the characters to enjoy a book. But because of the intense setting of this book the emotions are heighten and the characters are more vulnerable so you get to know them (and they get to know each other) very quickly. It is actually incredible how much sexual tension, back story and heart this author managed to pack into so few pages.I also liked that Caden and Makenna were so direct and honest with each other. It makes a nice change from all the game playing and misunderstanding you see so often in other books.