LaurenF

LaurenF

Miranda Davis
Release Me - J. Kenner Oh thank God! I really didn't think I had it in me to read another erotic romance revolving around a heroine who is a meek and virginal little twit! Luckily for me this author has managed to stay away from that over played stereo type! But I have to admit I almost didn't read this book purely based on the fact that the back cover says that it is aimed at fans of FSOG and Bared to You. Don't get me wrong I liked both books (Bared to You more then Fifty Shades) but I am so sick of all the copy cat books jumping on the gravy train! Some of them have admittedly been good but others have been SO VERY BAD! And I have reached the point where I am almost not bothered to give these books a try. But I am glad I changed my mind about this one!And to be honest this book wasn't all that similar. The story centers around Damien Stark a sexy and enigmatic former tennis champion turned wealthy business man. And Nikki Fairchild a former child/teen beauty pageant Queen. Both have deep seated issues with control and trust stemming from some serious childhood trauma. I watch Toddlers and Tiaras so I KNOW! Lol :)Yes Damien is an Alpha Male, dominant,controlling and a little kinky. IMHO that is awesome! But what is truly refreshing about this book is Nikki. Despite her very real issues, she genuinely stands up for her self and seems like a mature and relativity rational person. I actually found her relatable and did not want to bitch slap her once!This book is definitely worth a read!