LaurenF

LaurenF

Miranda Davis
Someday, Someday, Maybe - Lauren Graham I wasn’t sure what to expect from Lauren Graham as an author. I’ve always liked her as an actress (nothing beats The Gilmore Girls) but that doesn’t necessarily mean she can write a book! I also had added trepidation because I very rarely, if ever enjoy chick lit, so I didn’t have the highest of expectation going in. But I have to say I was very pleasantly surprised!I can only assume that this book is at least slightly autobiographical. I don’t see how an actress can write a book about an aspiring actress without that being the case. But I personally think that this is what gave the book some depth and realism. This book could have just been another Bridget Jones Dairy, it was certainly funny enough but Graham managed to steer away from the overly absurd and the overly love sick and actually write a book that is primarily about following your dreams.I liked the main character Franny. Some people might find her insecure or ditzy but I found her relatable, what women wouldn’t be a little (or a lot) self-conscious about their perceived flaws when they are constantly auditioning and being compared to others! But the real “charmers” of this book are the secondary characters. Franny’s roommates, Jane and Dan and her Dad are especially memorable.This was a light and funny read that was far more unique then I had anticipated. It also had a few (dare I say) profound?? moments that I really did not expect to see within this genre. Now I can say I like Lauren Graham as both an actress and an author.