LaurenF

LaurenF

Miranda Davis

Promise

Promise - Kristie Cook SPOILER ALERT (BUT IF YOU READ TWILIGHT YOU KNOW THE PLOT ANYWAY)* teenage girl moves to a new town* meets a gorgeous but mysterious guy* she is intrigued while other think he is a little "strange"* find out that the guy is "supernatural" after he saves her from being run over by a car* he is constantly fighting the deep seated urge to kill her* while falling in love with her (obviously)* after much coaxing he agree to have sex with her (obviously difficult because of the whole killing thing) * but only after they are married.* When they finally do the deed bruises and a broken headboard are the result* as well as an unexpected and unusual pregnancy While I was reading this book I assumed that the author was an over zealous teenage Twilight Saga Fan Girl writing her first novel. The book was a bit amateurish and obviously A LOT of the plot lines seemed VERY familiar but I kept thinking that with practise and maturity she could have potential. Then I got to the end of the book and read the authors biography and found out Kristie Cook is a seasoned author. And all I have to say is SERIOUSLY!