LaurenF

Altered

Reblogged from LaurenF:
Altered - Jennifer Rush

2.5 STARS

So here is what I was expecting - A fast paced, action packed and adrenalin pumping adventure full of mystery, intrigue and romance. I was not expecting this book to be so "YA." Just based on the sexy, shirtless, tattooed guy on the cover I was expecting a much more "mature" book.Unfortunately what I got was a very pg13 version of the overplay "secret government agency is making super soldiers" plot. And unfortunately for the first three quarters of the book that plot just barely plodded along.The character development was OK but I guess I can't expect too much from a group of people who all have amnesia. But there was just something flat and missing about the whole cast of characters and don't even get me started on the pitiful excuse of a romance between Sam and Anna! The good news is that the last quarter of the book actually got good and there was some action packed mystery and intrigue. But I am afraid it was too little too late to save this book from being painfully average.