LaurenF

LaurenF

Miranda Davis

Big Bad Beast (Pride Stories Series #6)

Big Bad Beast - Shelly Laurenston OK let me start off by saying that I am really stupid. Look at my profile Pic, that is my natural hair color! This is the sixth book in the series and I have read NONE of the others! So please take this review with a pinch of salt because obviously I was reading this book with no background or context and often no proper introduction to certain characters.What I did like about this book was that not only did it have a good story line but it was also unexpectedly funny. Unfortunately I also felt that the story did not actually spend enough time on the H/h and there seemed to be a LOT of information dumping. In my case it actually help because it gave me an idea of who and what everyone was but if I had read the first 5 books I would imagine it would get very annoying very fast. Unfortunately despite the information dump the author did not do any world building but I suppose that was all done in the first books...I must say I really liked the hero Ric. I loved his tough but sweet persona but I just couldn't warm up to Dee Ann. I love a strong heroine but I think that this character took it a little too far. To the point where I couldn't really think of her as feminine.Needless to say this is the last time I read a series out of sequence!