LaurenF

LaurenF

Miranda Davis

Oracle's Moon (Elder Races Series #4)

Oracle's Moon - Thea Harrison This is a great series, although the books have been a bit hit or miss I have enjoyed how each couple has been so different from one another and the story lines and even their specie! have been so unique.I did like this book and I always find it very romantic that a Man? Being? Creature? (Whatever! You know what I mean.) so old can find love and be changed by it for the better. AWWW! But there was just something a little lacking for me and I think I know what it was.Khalil is a Djinn he has no body of his own, and is described as being made of energy or smoke and he can create a "human like" body. I have to admit that I am not the biggest fan of the over blown descriptions of the male lead but some how the the way he is described made me think of a wax figure in Madame Tussaud's! Not Sexy! And these types of books do require a certain amount of perv factor. My second problem (And this one might just be me.)has to do with the story line. Although Grace is the descendant of the Oracle of Delphi, she is broke, a crippled and her sister and brother in-law have been killed in a car accident and left her with a baby and a toddler to look after. I don't know about you guys but I read these books for some light escapism and that story is just depressing! Yes I know it's all OK in the end but still!